Being the biggest city in northern Sarawak, Miri lacks no cultural diversity – and it reflects in the city’s vibrant food scene. In this article, we will be covering a number of eateries serving local food for breakfast that you might want to check out if you happen to travel to Miri!
IN THE CITY CENTRE
Nagaliar – Thinking of nasi lemak for breakfast? Nagaliar is the perfect eatery to go for it in Miri! This shop has been selling nasi lemak for quite some time in Miri that it has found ways into the hearts of Mirians. The local dessert Bubur Cha Cha (a mixture of yam, sweet potato and sago in sweet coconut milk) from here is a delight too.
- Address: Lot 863 Jalan Helenium, off Jalan Permaisuri, 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Closed on Sundays
Tel: +60 85 421 943
Mee Sapi Kuching – You don’t have to go as far as Kuching to have a decent Mee Sapi, because Miri has it too! Located in the centre of town, the mee sapi here comes with beef, beef tripe and beef tendon in a special bone broth that will leave you licking the bowl clean!
- Address: Jalan Rice Mill, 98000, Miri Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-11pm daily
Kornia’s Recipe – Kornia’s Recipe is also one of the best places to have halal Sarawak Laksa and Mee Jawa in Miri. However, the real treat here is the satay including assortment of kuih-muih sold such as Serabai, Telaga Emas and Kuih Bongkol.
- Address: Marina Square, 98000, Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-3pm (Tuesday-Sunday)
Closed on Monday
Tel: +60 14 681 2354
Good Taste Bak Kut Teh Restaurant – The name of restaurant says it all! Comes in either dry or soupy version, the quality and portion of Bak Kut Teh served here are just right.
- Address: Centre Point Commercial Centre, Phase 2, Lot 1391& 1392, Jalan Kubu, 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-3:30pm; 5-9:30pm daily
Tel: +60 85 421 392
Laksa Lolita – You guessed right, Laksa Lolita is a specialist for none other than Sarawak Laksa. The laksa here is creamy and are all served in claypot bowls. Other than that, the Mee Jawa here is worth a try too.
- Address: 349, Jalan Miri – Lutong, Lutong, 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-2pm (Monday-Saturday), 7am-12pm (Sunday)
Tel: +60 19 685 9348
Kafe Aroma Selera – Hands down, Kafe Aroma Selera offers the best Roti Jantan in Miri. In case you don’t know, Roti Jantan is Roti Canai that comes together with two sunny side ups, generous curry sauce and some sambal. Other local menu served here includes Mee Bandung and rojak.
- Address: 2164, Jalan Saberkas Utama, Saberkas Commercial Centre, 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-5pm (Tuesday- Sunday), Closed on Mondays
Jin Jin café – Craving for some Nasi Ayam for a fulfilling breakfast? Come by Jin Jin Cafe. Delicious and affordable, it makes sense why Mirians love this place.
- Address: 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-5pm (Monday-Saturday), Closed on Sundays
Wisma Hopoh Miri – One of the longest standing food courts in Miri, Wisma Hopoh Miri has a myriad of hawker food. Its star dish is none other than the flavourful Kueh Chap served with tofu puffs, mixed pork and boiled eggs. Pair your meal with savoury snacks such as dim sum and Kompia. On a day-to-day basis, this place sure is packed so come early.
- Address: Jalan Jee Foh Utama (Wisma Hopoh Miri Lot 1018), 98000 Miri, Sarawak (Click HERE for location)
Opening hours: 7am-1pm (Tuesday-Sunday), Closed on Mondays