top of page
  • Writer's pictureBT

Borneo Cultures Museum To Open on March 9

Borneo Cultures Museum To Open on March 9

The long-awaited grand opening of the Borneo Cultures Museum in Kuching, Sarawak will be held next month in March. The museum began construction in 2014, but its progress was significantly delayed due to the pandemic. 

The museum will be launched by Head of State, Tun Pehin Sri Abdul Taib Mahmud on March 4 and officially opened to the public on March 9. Only 500 people will be allowed in the museum at one time, so visitors are encouraged to plan and book their visits ahead of time. Bookings can be made from March 1 onwards.

With a total of 6,726 square metres of exhibition space, Borneo Cultures Museum is set to be the second largest museum in South East Asia after the Bangkok National Museum. 30% of the museum will be interactive while the remaining 70% will feature traditional exhibitions.  


With five levels in total, the museum will also double as a learning institution for both scholars and students. Scholars will be able to collaborate with local curators in documenting Borneo’s rich history and past. School students will also be able to experience learning beyond the classroom through interactive activities, which encourages hands-on participation.


Leading up to the opening, Borneo Cultures Museum shared several sneak peeks into what we can expect to see once it officially opens.

After over a year’s delay, we’re so much closer to seeing the inside of the already iconic golden arches of the Borneo Cultures Museum! For more sneak peeks and info, check out https://www.facebook.com/borneoculturesmuseum/


Comments


Commenting has been turned off.

Top Stories

BT72-adv.jpg
bottom of page