Want to make your family dinner date night extra special? Here’s an idea: Order a sumptuous Family Combo meal from Nando’s for “peri-peri” delicious appetisers and main course.
As for dessert, why not whip up a little surprise for the family? Here’s a recipe for a delicious homemade dessert that’ll knock everyone’s socks off! It’s quick and easy and will surely get the family raving about your impressive baking skills!
Chocolate Fondant with Salted Gula Melaka Ice Cream
Video Credits to @howardlaw from MediaCorp Production for your brilliant work
For Salted Gula Melaka Ice Cream
100ml Condensed Milk
300ml Whipped cream
100ml Gula Melaka
½ tbsp Salt
For Chocolate Fondant
100g Palm Oil (or 150g butter)
150g Dark chocolate pieces
3 Full eggs
4 Egg yolks
150g Icing sugar
45g Cocoa powder
45g Plain flour
Optional (for added texture):
- Gingerbread cookie crumbs
- Candied ginger peels
- Toasted desiccated coconut
- Pour condensed milk, whipped cream, Gula Melaka and salt into the mixing bowl, and whisk till soft thick peaks. Place in a tub and freeze overnight.
- Butter the inside of 2 small ramekins or pudding moulds, and then put cocoa powder into one mould and turn it to coat the inside, holding it over the second mould to catch any cocoa powder that escapes. Do the same with the other mould. Put the palm oil and dark chocolate into a heatproof bowl over, but not touching, a pan of simmering water and stir occasionally until melted. Allow to cool slightly.
- Vigorously whisk together the eggs, yolks and icing sugar until pale and fluffy. Gently fold in sifted cocoa powder and flour, followed by melted chocolate and butter. Spoon into the cocoa powder-coated moulds, stopping just shy of the top – at this point the mixture can be refrigerated for 2 hours , or even frozen, as the puddings will not wait around once cooked.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180℃ and put a baking tray on the middle shelf. Place the baking tray with the puddings and cook for 9 minutes (12 mins if frozen) until the tops are set and are coming away from the sides of the moulds. Leave to rest for 30 seconds and then remove the pudding from the rims or serve in the ramekins.
- You can add textures to enhance your dessert. Toasted desiccated coconut, gingerbread cookies and candied ginger peel are great options that are readily available at our local supermarkets such as Everrise, CS Supermarket, Aeon Supermarket and H&L Supermarket.