No, unfortunately open houses are out of the question this Chinese New Year. However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t still celebrate the auspicious occasion with your family! And even though this Chinese New Year will be a more intimate one, with everyone celebrating at home, it doesn’t mean that you can’t make it a special one. That said, we list here some places where you can purchase CNY food and goodies to add excitement to your at-home Chinese New Year celebration this year!
Reunion dinner food
- Meisan Restaurant, Grand Margherita Hotel Kuching – Ring in this Chinese New Year with a lavish Meisan Restaurant Takeaway A La Carte Menu. From Yee Sang to Steamed White Pomfret and many other delectable CNY dishes, you’re in for a real treat this CNY. Available for self-pickup and delivery only from Feb 11 to 26. Place your orders now at https://bit.ly/3i9FF9h or call us at +6082 532 111 extn 1166.
- Imperial Palace Hotel Miri – Complete your CNY reunion dinner this year with a toss of Imperial Palace Hotel Miri’s Traditional Salmon Yee Sang, featuring with house-made Plum Sauce! Purchase via https://bit.ly/3huyUP3, or call +60 85 437 799 / +60 85 432 299 for more info. https://www.facebook.com/iphmyy.
- Tanahmas Hotel Sibu – For Sibu residents, Tanahmas offers their takeaway Chinese New Year 2021 Reunion Set Menu, featuring mouth-watering dishes like Double Boiled Chicken Soup with Fish Maw, Cordyceps, Abalone and Dried Oyster, Braised Duck and many more. Call +60 84 333 188 ext 223 or 227 for info or check out their Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Tanahmas-The-Sibu-Hotel-107436615942297.
Cakes, cookies and snacks
- Roselle’s Kitchen – This home-grown Kuching-based brand has creates roselle-based products including jams, beverages and roselle concentrate. This Chinese New Year, they’re baking up a storm to produce pure butter roselle tarts. So if you want something a little more unique than the usual pineapple tart this Chinese New Year, roselle tart is your answer. And while you’re at it, try their concentrated roselle syrup for a refreshing twist to your CNY dinner and snacking. https://www.facebook.com/rosellekitchen/ (Click HERE for location)
- Mrs Yong Homemade Cookies – Times like these, let us support our fellow Sarawakian entrepreneurs. Speaking of which, Mrs Yong Homemade Cookies is one home-grown brand that has had a good following since the business started over a decade ago. Mrs Yong has been baking cookies for more than 50 years using her father’s recipes, which she improved over time. All orders are now closed, although you can still head to one of the brand’s five outlets throughout Kuching while stocks last! https://www.facebook.com/mrsyonghomemadecookies/
- Edmund’s Homemade – Home-grown Sarawakian brand Edmund’s Homemade has been selling homemade Kek Lapis and Nyonya Kuih since 2014. What a perfect way to celebrate your at-home Chinese New Year than by munching on some Sarawak specialties? Order their Fortune Basket from their website. https://www.edmundshomemade.com/
Gifts & hampers
- Soon Seng Hamper Miri – This legendary hamper shop in Miri supplies an astounding choice of hampers not just for Chinese New Year but for Christmas and Hari Raya as well! And they have a ton of products to choose from if your wish to customise your hamper. https://www.facebook.com/soonsenghampermiri/
- R And B Hampers Enterprise – Give the gift of health this Chinese New Year, with health product hampers from R And B Hampers Enterprise. Hampers are readily available in-store, although you may check out the varieties online to save time. https://rbhamper.com/product-category/hamper/chinese-new-year-hamper-2021/
- Thinking of buying CNY gifts for your loved ones or have them sent to your friends? The SUB Store has a whole line of CNY products ready to order and get delivered to make this CNY ever more special. From delectable fruits baskets, snacks, bags and special ang pows, SUB Store has it all! https://www.borneotalk.com/product-category/sub-chinese-new-year/
Want to know more Lifestyle? CLICK HERE